Monday, March 7, 2011

Finding strength

this week is one of the most difficult I have faced in college.  I am convinced that my professors got together in some shadowy chamber at the beginning of the year and contrived to have all of our grades in the same weeks.  As a result of this diabolical plot, 3 weeks of my semester are worth 95% of my grades in every class.  As I am in the middle of one of these weeks now, I am learning a whole new aspect of leaning on God.  I hit a point today where I simply could not keep studying.  I flopped down on my couch, very much apathetic to this entire college experience, and was rewarded by Christ's presence flooding the room as I listened to the new Passion CD.  I didn't plan to have a big Spiritual encounter, and actually haven't had time to get in the word today.  But in the midst of my stress, my overworked soul was given a moment of peace and safety.  the Lord, the Omnipresent, Omnipotent, Omniscient, and HOLY God, looked down at little tiny me and said "I am going to give him what he needs.  Not what he wants, but exactly what he needs to get through this week.  And he will know it is Me."

How incredible is that thought?  The Bible says that He will "lift us up on wings like eagles", that in our weakness he is made strong.  That isn't a conditional, "if you try as hard as you can, I'll help some too" statement.  This is a statement saying that regardless of how exhausted we are, how hard we bite it, and how epically we fail, He is there pulling us up, arms open wide to pick us up and carry us on.

How great is our God?

No comments:

Post a Comment